Thank you for visiting our website! We invite you to explore the many options available to you in working with Our Community's Foundation to accomplish your charitable goals.
Make a Difference
Many people share a lasting vision; they work with Our Community’s Foundation to make a difference. A community foundation is a nonprofit public charity that builds permanent funds to address important local priorities. The Foundation provides a simple, personal, and highly effective approach to giving, and many ways to achieve your philanthropic goals. Gifts of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, or other assets can be made. As a tax-exempt public charity (not a private foundation), most charitable gifts qualify for maximum tax advantages under federal law.
We offer you an organization that is:
- A Foundation to build upon … Since 1963, trusted by thousands of local citizens.
- Local … Give where you live and know where it goes! Our staff and board know our region.
- Independent and transparent … We work only to serve your best interests' and those of our community. Our staff compensation is not tied to assets under management or any transactional activity.
- Highly personal … Everyone at a community foundation has a unique giving experience, tailored to suit his or her interests, personal situation, needs and goals.
- Simple yet powerful … Giving via the Foundation simplifies giving and recordkeeping. Accountants love our donor-advised funds that consolidate an individual’s records into one giving report for annual tax purposes.
- Lasting … Your gifts join a permanent organization, gaining significant, enduring impact.
- Professional … Our assets are managed by investment professionals and monitored by the Foundation’s Investment Committee, assuring that your donations are managed competently.
- Confidential and accountable … While donor records are absolutely confidential, receipts and expenditures are independently audited and disclosed to the public annually.
- Responsive … The Foundation addresses our community's changing needs yet remains flexible. If the original purpose of a contribution becomes obsolete, funds can be redirected for related purposes without the expense or delay of court action.
How to Make a Gift
Five simple ways to make a gift that makes a big difference for Our Community:
- Give to any existing Foundation fund, click here to visit the Foundation's Album of Funds or Types of Assets to learn about the assets the Foundation can accept.
- Create a personal charitable fund in a name that you choose - click here to see how to Start a Fund.
- Give online now
- Give to a Foundation
- Join the Legacy Society - plan a gift for later.